About the Spirit

My photo
This blog started out with "about me" in the title. My whole life has been "about me". I hope that the entries that I make will be about the Spirit and how He has changed my life because it has always been about Him and how He works through us.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Well, it's over...

After a pretty hectic day we arrived at the Va Hospital in the cities at about 2 pm. I waited around for just a few minutes then was taken into an office and asked a lot of questions and blood pressure was taken 155/77 pulse 98...thanks city traffic! Driving in the cities isn't like driving at all, its more like a competition on just how many people you can cut off at 70 miles per hour!
Anyway, after the questioning I sat around to about 3:30 (little over an hour) then taken into the operating room. Mom went with me and held a wonderful conversation with the doctor (a first year resident) as she (the doctor) was cutting into the back of my neck. It took a lot longer and was more complicated then I thought and lasted for over an hour. Another biopsy will be taken to find out it they got it all, if not then I'll have to go back and do it all over again.
I took today and tomorrow off from work, mainly because I have this huge bandage covering my neck and I can't take it off until tomorrow night. Plus, I'm in a little pain but it's not too bad. I hope this is the end off this...I don't want to go through this again!

3 comments:

Julie B said...

I hope its the end too! Sounds painful...
I was going to call today and see how it went, but I threw my back out and haven't been able to move much. I am hoping it will be better before Saturday, or I'll look like a hunchback going to take my tests :)

Lorrie said...

I am glad it is over for you as it sounded very painful! I had 5 moles removed from my back and that was excruciating-I can't imagine how much pain it is on your neck and I am sure they had to go pretty deep.... Hope that is the end of it. I, too planned on calling but I honestly forgot today was Tuesday... I know I am losin it! Love you!

The Spirit said...

Thanks for your comments and e-mails. Everything turned out alright. I got a phone call on Friday advising that they got it all. I have to go back in about three months and get a checkup :) :) :) :) :)!