About the Spirit

My photo
This blog started out with "about me" in the title. My whole life has been "about me". I hope that the entries that I make will be about the Spirit and how He has changed my life because it has always been about Him and how He works through us.

Friday, May 9, 2008

This week

I still haven't heard from anyone regarding our upcoming fortieth wedding anniversary.

Late last week I was given a new client in the hospice program. I was warned by many of the nurses that he was an old "crank" and would probably chew me out when I go to meet him. The next day I went to the assisted living home where he was staying. I was met at the door a nurse's assistant who advised the he was in a bad mood and would probably throw me out of his room. I went to his room introduced myself and we sat down and had a conversation about his old job how long he had been retired, etc, etc. He was very nice the whole time and shook my hand when I left. the nursing assistant was in shock. Anyway, that was last Thursday, on Friday I came to work and was told that he had been admitted . After work I went to visit him but he was sleeping. I spoke to the nurse who stated that he had been given some pain med. but he was expected to recover and would be going to a nursing home. To make a long story short, I visited twice spoke to his daughter both times because he was sleeping...probably in a coma. Well, he died on Tuesday morning.


One of the neighbors behind had a tree taken down and asked if I wanted the wood. The only problem was, I had to cut it up and haul it into my wood pile. I finished it last night. (nice to know I can still do things like that , or as your Mom put it "I still got it").


Was supposed to go to jail Ministry today but I received a call from the jail that the inmates were in "lock-down" and there won't be any programs today. So I spend the day with your mom shopping and doing a lot of yard work.
Tomorrow I go to Marshall to study.

2 comments:

My Lifesong said...

Dad is working too hard, but he loves it. I'm very proud of what God is guiding him to do. Let this be a lesson for all: Take time to listen to what God wants you to do and be, and He will show you the way.

Adam said...

It's your 40th anniversary? Oh, I thought it was the 40th anniversary of you not writing a blog.

And you referenced something about my Vikings being "semi-pro"? Just for that, I'm gonna have to counter-blog you all over the place.