About the Spirit

My photo
This blog started out with "about me" in the title. My whole life has been "about me". I hope that the entries that I make will be about the Spirit and how He has changed my life because it has always been about Him and how He works through us.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rough Week

We've had a pretty rough week. Last Wednesday Doug Hamilton died after a long illness. Doug is Buddy Hamilton's father. Doug was a very wonderful man. He has been my friend for over twenty five years and it was hard to say goodbye. As I look back at all the things that he did for family and friends I realize that he sat the example for many in this small town. He will be greatly missed and I consider it an honor to have known him. Rest in Peace Doug. I'm sure that the Father has deeds that he wants done in Heaven and that's why he called you home.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh my Gosh...I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. When I first read this, I thought you were saying that Bud died. I nearly had a heart attack.
I remember Doug Hamilton as such a kind, caring man. He was always so nice to us kids. I'm so sorry for the loss.